COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
COVID-19 Forms to be completed prior to your appointment
Dear Patients and Doctors,
As our communities and families deal with the COVID-19 crisis, we are grateful to everyone that has helped. The doctors and staff of Mid Manhattan Oral Surgery. PC and Hoboken Oral Surgeons, LLC want to let you know we are taking every measure possible to ensure your safety.
Our office is prepared and open to treat all new and existing patients. We are also available to assist patients in need of emergency care.
As a surgical practice we are accustomed to maintaining the highest standards for infection control on a daily basis. This includes universal precautions, personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, eyewear) as well as sterilization and disinfection of all surfaces. We do this with every single patient, every single day. We have not simply instituted new protocols in the wake of the COVID-19 issue. We have always followed and will continue Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
- Washing our use hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, the countertops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- Bagging and heat sterilizing all our instruments.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available in the check-in and check-out desk counter for your use.
During this new normal with COVID-19, we ask your understanding you for the following considerations:
- We will be limiting entry to the office, only to the patient receiving treatment. If the patient is a minor, then one parent or guardian may accompany the patient.
- If you or your family member has had any recent travel outside of the country or have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please call and reschedule your appointment.
- If any member of your family or household is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule. Please do not come in coughing or sneezing into the office.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
We are fortunate and very grateful to have earned your trust and can promise that our commitment and efforts to provide safe, cautious and effective care did not begin with COVID-19 and will continue to be our top priority. We will continue to monitor various dental and surgical association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly.
We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time.
The Doctors and Staff of Mid Manhattan Oral Surgery, PC and Hoboken Oral Surgeons, LLC